- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- One clove of Garlic crushed
- 1 Brown Onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder up to half a teaspoon (to your preference)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter. Use crunchy
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Coconut Cream
- Roti To serve
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan on high heat.
2. Add the Garlic, onion, and chili powder. Cook until the onion is transparent (approx. 5 minutes).
3.Add the peanut butter, sugar, lemon juice, and soy sauce.
4. Stir constantly as you add the coconut cream to the mixture and bring it to a boil.
5. Add more sugar if needed. (makes approximately 1 1/2 cups).
6. Roti is a great way to serve up a meal.
This sauce is excellent for many dishes. This sauce is great for satay chicken kebabs.
If you want to, you can make your roti. I usually use store-bought roti because it’s messy and not worth the effort. Homemade roti is usually a better result.