It is a favorite for its Turkish meze, a selection of small dishes served as appetizers; the charm of this dish is in its simplicity. Carrots that are naturally sweet paired with refreshing, cool yogurt to make this delicious dish. The carrots must be cooked to a perfect al dente to retain some quality and texture, resulting in an enjoyable bite every time.
- Four large carrots peeled
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- Two Medium garlic cloves which are grated using the Microplane (about one teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk strained (Greek-style) yogurt
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Chopped freshly chopped Parsley with chopped nuts to garnish
- Grate carrots using the most significant holes on the box grater and then transfer to a large bowl.
- In an oven-proof skillet large enough for medium-low. Add the grated carrots and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until they are soft, between 3 and 5 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long.
- Return carrots to bowl. Mix in the grated garlic. Allow the mixture to cool down to room temp, unattended for approximately 30 minutes.
- Incorporate both yogurts into the mixture of carrots and stir until it is well combined. Cover and chill for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with chopped Parsley and walnuts.