We use sunflower butter instead of peanut butter to make a nut-free version of satay. To create a beautiful platter, serve the sweet-salty sauce with rice noodles, grilled chicken, and fresh vegetables.
- 1 1/2 tbsp.Yellow curry paste (we use Maesri).
- 2 tsp.Lime juice
- 1 tsp.fish sauce
- 1 tsp.Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp.Ground turmeric
- 1Grated clove garlic
- 1 1/2 lb.Boneless and skinless chicken thighs, eight small, trimmed
SAUCE FOR SATAY
- 2 tbsp.Yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp.Lime juice
- 2 tsp.fish sauce
- 1 tbsp.Plus two teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 c.Unsweetened and unsalted sunflower seed Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp.extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 Two tablespoons of boiling water
CUCUMBER SALAD and RICE NOODLES
- 3 tbsp.Lime juice
- 1 tbsp.fish sauce
- 1 tbsp.Brown sugar
- 4Persian cucumbers sliced thin
- 1/2Small red onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz.Thin rice noodles
- 3 c.Mix small herb leaves, such as mint, cilantro, and basil
- Thai red chili, thinly sliced for serving
- Serve lime wedges
- MARINATE CHICKEN
Combine the first six ingredients in a medium bowl. Then, coat the chicken with this mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Make SATAY Sauce:
Stir together curry paste, lime, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Add coconut oil. Stir in hot water to desired consistency; set aside.
- Make Cucumber Salad and Rice Noodles:
Mix the lime juice with fish sauce and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Divide the sauce into two bowls. Add cucumbers and red onions to one bowl, and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cook the noodles according to package instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water until they reach room temperature. Shake off any excess water. Toss the remaining dressing into the second bowl and add to it.
COOK CHICKEN, AND ASSEMBLE IT:
Grill or grill pan at medium heat. Add chicken to the grill after a good oiling. Reduce temperature to medium, and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Adjust heat as needed. Let the meat rest on a cutting board for at least three minutes before slicing. If desired, serve with noodle salad, satay, herbs, chile, and lime wedges.